Tuesday, December 1, 2009

My First Official Day As A Baker


My first day as a baker was so much fun. This is going to be awesome (and hopefully the best idea I've ever had). I started my two-day Baker's training, which is overnight training at another bakery. The guy that trained me was very nice. It's a pretty straightforward job. I think the title should be "Re-heater" instead of "Baker", perhaps, but hey, beggars can't be choosers, right? The title of Baker is going on my resume, that's all that matters!



I got to make savory souffles, danishes, pastries, cinnamon rolls, sourdough bread, asiago cheese baugettes, you name it. It was really cool. I got to decorate freshly baked gingerbread men. I got to score and bake loaves of bread and prepare muffins. Basically everything comes in frozen, like the cookies, scones and muffins and sheets of puff pastry dough and then I thaw them, prepare them and then bake them (and sometimes top with glaze or icing or sugar). The bread dough comes in from the central bakery daily and we have to score the bread and form the foccacia and ciabatta loaves. It really was a lot of fun. It certainly did not seem like I was at work for 9 hours in the middle of the night. I am totally looking forward to this job.



Plus, I got to bring a bunch of stuff home! Denver and I got to try pumpkin muffins, chocolate pastries, cheese pastries, cherry pastries, coffee cake, asiago baugettes, artichoke and spinach souffles, turkey sausage and asiago cheese souffles....it was awesome. I think this job will suit me just fine!

3 comments:

Denver Leonard on December 2, 2009 at 7:52 PM said...

I love you. I hope you succeed beyond your wildest dreams!

Anonymous said...

As long as she doesn't succeed in bringing home too much good stuff from the bakery. Maybe you should have to jog to the store and back to bring it home!

Congrats and good luck!

Aunt Sherry said...

As I've said in the past, You have the wisdon to know your heart and the courage to follow it. You will have great sucess!

 

More Than Just Cupcakes Copyright © 2009 Designed by Ipietoon Blogger Template In collaboration with fifa
Cake Illustration Copyrighted to Clarice